This page explains a little more about how the various sciences we deploy to better inform and direct your consumer marketing efforts and create brand competitive advantage. But we’re always happiest when we can advise, enthuse and give examples directly either face-to-face or on the ‘phone, so do get in touch using the blue button below this article.
Tell me about the science
CrowdCat use a range of sciences to improve marketing effectiveness and to transform brands in the eyes of their customers.
We use a combination of cognitive psychometrics, computational neuroscience and mathematical modelling, to understand and map the personalities and cognitive processes of consumers.
Psychometrics is essentially the measurement of psychological factors to produce data. Cognitive relates to that part of a consumers thinking we are particularly interested in as marketers – how consumer make decisions and choose our brand.
We use computational neuroscience to help link information from multiple sources in a statistically valid way, and mathematical modelling to understand the human pathways: from receiving a brand message; to entering a purchase environment; to making a consumer choice.
We have amassed considerable data and expertise in understanding consumers subsequent psychology – from enhancing the ‘feelgood’ of a purchase, through post-rationalisation thinking, to long-term feelings of brand affinity and loyalty.
What is in this for me?
Not only do we produce useful, actionable data on what to say, and how to say it to each customer, but we further offer bespoke insight on the strategies you can employ and predict their likely success factors with any audience.
Unlike any form of traditional research or focus group we do this in real purchase situations, without any existing brand data and before you invest in any creative or messaging. Most importantly we scale this to thousands of consumers. Not only is this the only way to produce contextually accurate and scientifically verifiable data, but it is the only way to be able to know and micro-target your audience with the best message for their personality and way of thinking. Without this, as marketers we’re really working with one hand tied behind our backs.
What is pioneering about our approach is that we have created valid and credible ways to capture such insight on a mass scale – only now is this possible at the scale of your whole audience, or your entire target market.
More influential communications
Our neuroscience-led approach will inform all of your campaigns and communications. Our insights and segmented psychometric profiling work will enable you to develop truly personalised communications and customer experiences that will make your brand feel like the obvious choice.
By using a combination of cognitive psychometrics, computational neuroscience and mathematical modelling, we can understand the personalities and cognitive processes of consumers on a mass scale.
Our work has demonstrated the factors that make the difference for an organisation in its quest to gain competitive advantage. Through our neuroscience and consultative approach, your brand can benefit from the following:
- Whole audience profiles and segmentation by behavioural themes, captured in a statistically accurate and reliable way through cognitive and personality psychometrics.
- Customer experiences that truly engage through personalisation, at the same time as giving ongoing actionable data.
Proof of impact
- A proven scientific approach to measuring engagement, proving success and providing accurate evidence based financial forecasts. Now you can evidence the impact of marketing spend, and even start to predict the ROI of marketing investment over the longer term.
We are pioneers in neuroscience, working with leading academics at Cambridge University to develop ground-breaking approaches to marketing, such as the following:
- Mass Digital Psychometrics to quickly capture individual personality profiles at large scale, which you can then use to create genuine communication personalisation in order to increase consumer engagement and influence.
- Information Geometrics algorithms which identify and map how your customers think at critical choice points and how to optimally influence the outcomes of these.
- The first mathematical model which identifies how to most cost-effectively tailor broadcast communications and brand messaging to appeal most strongly across the diversity of your audience and develop genuine personalisation in your direct communications.